The term “green room” originally referred to a room in a theatre or other performance venue where actors could relax and wait for their cues. The room was typically painted green, and it was often located next to the stage.
The use of the colour green in theatre dates back to the Renaissance, when it was believed that the colour had a calming effect on performers and helped to reduce the glare from the stage lights. In modern times, the term “green room” is used to refer to any kind of waiting or hospitality room in a performance venue, regardless of its actual colour.
Today, green rooms are typically used as a place for performers to rest and prepare before a show. They often contain comfortable seating, food and beverages, and other amenities such as dressing rooms and restrooms. Some green rooms may also have television monitors or other forms of entertainment to help performers pass the time before they are called to perform.
In addition to being used by performers, green rooms are also sometimes used as a place for VIPs or other special guests to relax and wait before or after an event.
Setting up a Green Room
The furniture and accessories you will need to hire for a green room will depend on the specific needs and preferences of the performers and other people who will be using the space. Here are some common items that are often found in green rooms:
- Comfortable seating: This can include sofas, armchairs, and bean bag chairs.
- Tables and chairs: These can be used for eating, working, or other activities.
- Refreshments: This can include food, beverages, and snacks.
- Entertainment: This can include televisions, music systems, and other forms of entertainment.
- Dressing rooms: These can be provided for performers to change into costume and makeup.
- Restrooms: It is a good idea to have at least one restroom available that is easily accessible from the green room.
- Other amenities: This can include things like mirrors, hair dryers, ironing boards, and other items that performers may need to use to prepare for their performances.
It is a good idea to discuss the specific needs and preferences of the performers with them in advance to make sure that the green room is equipped with everything they need to feel comfortable and relaxed before their performances.
Green Room Hire
6’x 2’6” Rustic Trestle Table Hire£12.70 exc. VAT per week
Barrier Post for Ropes£9.10 exc. VAT per week
Large Cooler Box Hire£18.40 exc. VAT per week
Red Carpet VIP Hire£9.90 exc. VAT Per Meter per week
Hot Water Boiler / Tea Urn Hire£27.80 exc. VAT per week
1.6 Meter Tall Coat Rail Hire£14.40 exc. VAT per week
80 litre Black Dustbin Hire£4.65 exc. VAT per week
Hollywood style vanity make-up mirror£37.10 exc. VAT per week
Wine Cooler Hire£2.90 exc. VAT per week
Black Sofa Hire – 3 Seater£90.50 exc. VAT per week
1.5 M Wooden Easel Hire£14.60 exc. VAT per week
Black Tub Chair Hire£44.90 exc. VAT per week
Nationwide delivery and collection on all green room hire and accessories.
- New Dressing Room & Green Room Accessories to Hire
- Filming Locations Green Room, Dressing Room Hire Guide
- Furniture Hire for Large & Small Events
- Filming Locations Catering Hire Guide
- Ultimate Event Planning Guide and Checklists